Also, to watch some of the below Committees in action and video of the House and Senate floor go to CSPAN. For more on CSPAN see Private Sector America gives Americans the transparency they want without media bias for free and without taxation via CSPAN..
House Cloakroom: March 7 – March 11
The House returns on Tuesday this week to consider legislation involving the Federal Housing Administration refinancing program as well as a bill regarding the emergency mortgage relief program and its potential termination. On Wednesday, the House will host a joint meeting with the Senate for the purpose of receiving the Honorable Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia. Members will stay busy with more than sixty committee and subcommittee hearings involving everything from job restricting regulations, the mounting US debt, the situation in Libya, the EPA, and more.
Major Floor Action
- H.R. 830 (PDF) – The FHA Refinance Program Termination Act
- H.R. 836 (PDF) – The Emergency Mortgage Relief Program Termination Act
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a joint subcommittee hearing on the “FY 2012 EPA Budget”.
- The House Budget Committee will hold a full committee hearing on the “National Debt”.
- The House Foreign Affairs Committee will hold a full committee hearing on “North Korea”.
Since the Senate and House agreed on a short-term continuing resolution last week, the current CR doesn’t expire until March 18. Senator Reid has agreed to two test votes related to spending next week: one on the House-passed HR. 1 and one on the Democratic spending plan, an amendment sponsored by Senator Inouye. Both bills need 60 votes to pass, and it is incredibly unlikely that either will garner enough support.
Also, Senator Reid has scheduled a cloture vote on the Patent Reform Bill, which will occur on Monday evening.
Major Floor Action:
- S. 23: The Patent Reform Act of 2011
- Senate version of HR 1
- Senator Inouye amendment to HR 1
- On March 10, the Senate Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing to discuss the current and future threats to our national security.
- The Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee will hold a hearing on March 8 to review the Department of Transportation Fiscal Year 2012 Budget
- A hearing to discuss information sharing in the era of WikiLeads will be held in the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairson March 10.
- On March 10, a hearing to discuss the reform of child welfare waivers will occur in the Senate Finance Committee .
Values Voter News can be accessed on your mobile phone with ease see Get Values Voter News on your Blackberry, iPhone, Droid or other mobile phones